gorilla banned ?

• 00pump
More
07 Jun 2012 12:35 - 07 Jun 2012 12:36 #107301 by 00pump
Replied by 00pump on topic gorilla banned ?
I am not the one that issued the ban, so I can't say.. I also don't touch any bans made by Admin's / Mod's. I am sure it could be argued, and in the end Admin has the final say.

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford
Last edit: 07 Jun 2012 12:36 by 00pump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David.biohazard
The topic has been locked.
  • MRfeathers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Jun 2012 12:37 #107302 by MRfeathers
Replied by MRfeathers on topic gorilla banned ?
im sure if he had to e-mail Admin and apologise he'd rescind the ban

[IMG

keep calm and listen to Feathers
  • VonD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
07 Jun 2012 12:46 #107303 by VonD
Replied by VonD on topic gorilla banned ?
haha gona miss his weird questions :lol:
  • Eidolon
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
07 Jun 2012 13:06 #107307 by Eidolon
Replied by Eidolon on topic gorilla banned ?
At least he can start from scratch now, and maybe build up some positive karma :P

Jokes and off topic posts, such as these, don't really add much value to the forum.
  • Empire
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
07 Jun 2012 14:02 #107328 by Empire
Replied by Empire on topic gorilla banned ?
I am the one who issued the ban, he is always one of the first to hand out the link to the rules page and yet doesn't abide by them, he stated he is not a racist but then why post racist jokes when you know they are racist. A lot of those jokes are distasteful and I personally don't appreciate any one of them especially the remarks on the jews and the babies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackrabbit1, Koe007, Heretic47, ninjajuice, MRfeathers
  • Empire
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
07 Jun 2012 14:19 #107337 by Empire
I have messaged admin based on this topic and I will wait for his reply on what should be done. But I personally don't think this behaviour should be allowed on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ninjajuice
  • MRfeathers
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Jun 2012 14:34 #107341 by MRfeathers
Replied by MRfeathers on topic gorilla banned ?
that's fair. ive just read through the jokes again and some of them were in very bad taste. let it be a lesson to everyone

[IMG

keep calm and listen to Feathers
  • Bench86
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
07 Jun 2012 15:20 #107363 by Bench86
Replied by Bench86 on topic gorilla banned ?
I think people must start realising that stating discriminatory remarks in a public sphere is dangerous. Not only to other people's feelings but to yourself too. Like those models on twitter. You won't tell that type of jokes at work, why here?

Discipline is choosing what you want most over what you want now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mfezdro, ninjajuice, Empire
  • admin
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
07 Jun 2012 20:19 #107411 by admin
Replied by admin on topic gorilla banned ?
Every time I'm away some shit happens.

One would think that spending the entire day in the desert while welding under the scorching sun is bad enough and then someone makes my day worse.

I received the message from DJ and if he felt the need to take action then it must have bad. One of the reasons DJ and pump are moderators is because they know when it's necessary to step in.

I'm tired and sun burned, so going to take a protein shake and disprin and will look into this tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • aspoester
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
07 Jun 2012 22:32 #107422 by aspoester
Replied by aspoester on topic gorilla banned ?
Exactly as said above, its distasteful and disrespectful to other members on the forum. I do think a very clear temporary ban would have sufficed, loosing any contributing member is a loss for the community and im sure as hell he would not do so again and will serve as example to others.

I'm sure he is remorseful of hes actions, and every deserves a second chance. Forgive but do not forget...

Just my 2c :)

Regards,
Aspoester.
  • Empire
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
07 Jun 2012 22:47 #107423 by Empire
Yes he is remorseful about it as he has emailed me about it,but it took 2-3 emails to actually convince him that was said was not right.I personally don't think it should be a temporary ban as I took offence to quite a few of the jokes posted.some things in my mind are not forgivable especially when one of the jokes was quite close to home for me.

So let's see what admin decides in the morning.
  • Eidolon
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
07 Jun 2012 23:53 #107424 by Eidolon
Replied by Eidolon on topic gorilla banned ?
I don't see why he should be given a second chance, and agree fully with the ban DJ imposed.

If people think the shit he posted was acceptable, they should move on to another forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mfezdro
  • Pyroclasm
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
08 Jun 2012 02:25 - 08 Jun 2012 02:28 #107429 by Pyroclasm
Replied by Pyroclasm on topic gorilla banned ?
DJ

Is it possible that you might have overreacted? Let me explain why in my opinion I think so:
1) Black jokes, Jew jokes, Asian jokes, caucasian jokes, paki jokes, Indian jokes, even cape-i jokes are all part of common stereo types used all over the world for humor. It is used in almost every single stand up comedy show I have EVER seen. None of these people are actually at the end of the day racists or xenophobic people.
2) Call me a 'post-apartheid baby' but I honestly do not see the big hype about the color of a persons skin. I mean I know it is a huge thing in South Africa today as it is part of a colorful past, but why in the hell are people even still bothered by the color of another person's skin? Surely it is all about the person on the inside and not on the outside? Honestly why so damn sensitive??!
3) Anyone can see how much this forum means to Gorilla and how much it will hurt him if you kick him out. I mean even though I do not always agree with his opinion I still respect it and take it from the good-hearted nature he intended it.
4) He honestly did not mean anyone any harm by posting those jokes. Infact in my opinion he is part of the new generation that do not see color and infact is so comfortable about his race and that of other people that he is able to joke about it. He even stated in his post that he is not racist. In my opinion this is why it took 3 emails to convince him what he did wrong- because he does not see color. You had to convince him that he did...
5) The appropriate decision here is not a lifetime ban but maybe just a hard-learned lesson. Gorilla is a respected member of this forum and he adds value to it. I.m.o anyone that adds value and is a loyal member should not be discarded so easily. We are all actually learning from this experience to rather be most politically correct.
6) I apologize on behalf of Gorilla for anyone offended by these jokes and I give you my word Gorilla will not do this again.

For your kind consideration
Pyroclasm

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

If there is nobody that hates you, then you are doing something wrong.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2012 02:28 by Pyroclasm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MRfeathers, Big Les
  • CHAPEL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Jun 2012 02:47 #107430 by CHAPEL
Replied by CHAPEL on topic gorilla banned ?
As the great Cartman once said; "respect my authoritaaaa".. Not your decision dude regardless of your opinion, or any of ours for that matter, its down to admin who has just said he will look into it tomorrow, and DJ who dealt the ban..

PS- there were no skin colour orientated jokes.. Just jewish ones relating to that sensitive thing called the holocaust or something........................ (feel the lacey texture of sarcasm) oh and comedians tell jokes in contexts where they are relying on people laughing at them as they are, well, at a comedy show. I am not going to rock up at a Jim Jefferies show and smack the guy because he makes religious jokes or some shit, no I knew what I was getting into when I bought the ticket and unfortunately many of the members here OBVIOUSLY didn't get that memo when signing up so their reactions are warranted as its their right. e.g. lets say someones family was murdered in Auschwitz and read that, is it still funny? Must I laugh? Unfortunately there are boundaries in life, and well here we have one.

I have avoided posting on this because I think people are getting bent over nothing, whatever, he got banned, if it stays so what if not then yay he comes back. I am just gonna break out my popcorn and enjoy the show, I suggest you do the same ;)

(Seeing as you cant hear my tone its not aggressive like the words sound)
(Oh and for the record I still find baby jokes funny.... sorry if that offends anyone)

To you it may look like I just did a push-up... But in fact, I just bench-pressed the world.

"You put the devil on the other side and I will come to fight." -Royce Gracie

Its legs day, legs day, gotta get down on legs day.
  • vega5
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
08 Jun 2012 06:29 - 08 Jun 2012 06:31 #107432 by vega5
Replied by vega5 on topic gorilla banned ?
Pyroclasm, I'm what you would call a post apartheid baby and I think those jokes were shocking and in seriously bad taste. I think Chapel said it the best in his last post.

In life every action comes with a reaction and Gorilla thought everybody is going to think he's a legend (at least one did obviously) but judging by the general response people are shocked.

Keep these jokes for your gym chinas.
Last edit: 08 Jun 2012 06:31 by vega5.