Unbalanced muscle

• Gmw89
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2019 21:02 #218668 by Gmw89
Unbalanced muscle was created by Gmw89
Evening all.As the title says I've got a major size difference between the shoulders, specifically the anterior delt.Long story short,was involved in bike accident shattered elbow and many other damage bones but any way my pronation and
supination of the left arm is stuffed and I cannot fully extend my arm so it's basically constantly at a slight angle from the elbow onwards.So the basically my shoulder takes a lot of the strain on movements and I can't lock my elbow out so for example when benching my left arm will almost have constant tension on my shoulder/peck while my right arm fully locks out and obviously doesn't have as much tension on the peck and shoulder.

I've tried keeping my right arm from also constantly locking out and obviously adding in unilateral exercises to try correct the balance but it's not getting any better,my left delt is still growing.
My question now is,does anyone have ideas of how I can equalize the two arms so to speak. I'm wanting to try higher volume on my right shoulder (the smaller one) so what would be the ideal frequency and possible exercises to correct. I'm wanting to try 3x a week with using front raises and Arnold press to specifically target the anterior delt. Does this seem enough to bring it up to par ?
Apologies for the long post , just hoping for a bit of outside experience/knowledge here.

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lobo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
21 Jan 2019 13:59 #218691 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Unbalanced muscle
If you've got the bucks rather go and see a biokinet or someone who specializes in these sort of things

• Oupa
More
22 Jan 2019 21:21 #218697 by Oupa
Replied by Oupa on topic Unbalanced muscle

lobo wrote: If you've got the bucks rather go and see a biokinet or someone who specializes in these sort of things

i second this

• Gmw89
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jan 2019 18:36 #218702 by Gmw89
Replied by Gmw89 on topic Unbalanced muscle
I've spoken to my orthopedic surgeon and he says there's not much one can do because I will always have a unbalanced structure after that but I will look into getting an appointment.Can any one suggest a decent one in the CT reigon?

• lobo
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
24 Jan 2019 16:00 #218709 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Unbalanced muscle
I'm not sure if it's the same in your parts but virgin active where I am has bios and so on consulting from the club might be a good place to start if you don't know anyone directly

• Gmw89
  • Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2019 21:04 #218851 by Gmw89
Replied by Gmw89 on topic Unbalanced muscle
Unfortunately I go to a very basic gym called zone fitness,and yeah let's just say they are not well equipped.Just to put bit in perspective, we don't even have a hack squat machine and when they "upgraded " the gym they totally forgot about a basic standing calf raise machine and eventually after a few months they got an old one and resprayed it to match the other new equipment.Any way apologies for the rant but in the process of finding someone here in CT