Bloodwork Results

• DR.DEATH
  • Topic Author
More
24 May 2020 14:56 #222332 by DR.DEATH
Bloodwork Results was created by DR.DEATH
Hi All,

I recently visited my GP because I've been feeling very lethargic, low mood, low libido, little to no motivation and the worst by far, a complete lack of concentration and focus. I've been off all anabolics and sarms for 3+ months.

Doc requested tests as per the below, I'm not too clued up on bloodwork, everything seems within range, but I'm no expert.

Total Test: 15.2 (9.0 - 28.3)
SHBG: 53.3 (13.3-89.5)
Free Test: 227.4 (170.0 - 660.0)

ASL: 66 <50
ASL: 45 <45

Fasting Glucose: 4.6 (3.6 - 6.0)

Ferritin: 342 (30 - 400)

TSH: 0.82 (0.27 - 4.20)

PSA: 1.13 (0.0 - 4.0)

Creatinine:58 (64 -104)
Potassium: 4.2 (3.5 - 5.1)
Sodium: 138 (136 - 145)

I asked for e2, LH, FSH and cortisol as well but my request was declined. I'll get an independent blood test from Lancet for these during this coming week.

Kindly share your thoughts on the results? Additional info: 34 years old, eating at a 2-300 calorie suprlus, U/L split routine + 2 random cardio sessions a week.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jacktuary
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
24 May 2020 15:00 - 24 May 2020 15:00 #222334 by Jacktuary
Replied by Jacktuary on topic Bloodwork Results
Low Libido? Low mood ? No motivation? Sounds like my typical high E2 symptoms but everyoneis different i. Ejaculation is super easy but no sex drive. And lethargy is usually my "i know its high estro" go to.

I would check e2 and maybe check out vitamin profile.

If your feeling more on edge (anxious) it could be low e2 with high cortisol...

Just check your e2.
Last edit: 24 May 2020 15:00 by Jacktuary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DR.DEATH

• DR.DEATH
  • Topic Author
More
24 May 2020 15:46 #222336 by DR.DEATH
Replied by DR.DEATH on topic Bloodwork Results
Thanks Vlad, I'll definitely check my e 2 levels, have been experiencing some flushing in my my face as well, similar to taking a high dose of vit B3. Thought it's blood pressure but my bp is spot on. I have been more anxious and stressed but nothing I haven't experienced before. I feel completely defeated at the moment, I basically want to lay in bed and even doing that seems like too much, that's how low my motivation is currently.

Correction to my first post:

ALT: 66 (<50)
AST: 45 (<38)

• prohunt
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
24 May 2020 16:03 #222337 by prohunt
Replied by prohunt on topic Bloodwork Results
DrDeath

What is AST and ALT please. New to the bloodwork thing.

3 months ago mine was
AST 41
ALT 86 which they marked as high

Other things that was High or low

MDRD GFR 73 (90 - 120ml) so it’s Low
S-GGT 107 (<55)
S-ALT 86 (<50)
S-Ferritin 9.00 (25 - 280)
RDW 21.10 (10 - 19%) red blood cells

Everything else seemed in range

• DR.DEATH
  • Topic Author
More
24 May 2020 16:16 - 24 May 2020 16:17 #222338 by DR.DEATH
Hi Prohunt,

AST and ALT are liver enzymes. As far as I know, elevated levels aren't always an indication of liver damage, especially in individuals following a weight training routine.

I'd wait for more knowledgeable memebers to comment. Unfortunately my knowledge about bloodwork is limited to the obvious conclusion of checking if it's within or out of range.
Last edit: 24 May 2020 16:17 by DR.DEATH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prohunt

• LesDoctor
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
24 May 2020 16:18 #222339 by LesDoctor
Replied by LesDoctor on topic Bloodwork Results

DR.DEATH wrote: Hi All,

I recently visited my GP because I've been feeling very lethargic, low mood, low libido, little to no motivation and the worst by far, a complete lack of concentration and focus. I've been off all anabolics and sarms for 3+ months.

Doc requested tests as per the below, I'm not too clued up on bloodwork, everything seems within range, but I'm no expert.

I asked for e2, LH, FSH and cortisol as well but my request was declined. I'll get an independent blood test from Lancet for these during this coming week.

Kindly share your thoughts on the results? Additional info: 34 years old, eating at a 2-300 calorie suprlus, U/L split routine + 2 random cardio sessions a week.

Thanks

Although your testosterone is normal, do you know what your baseline is? (i.e before you ever started AAS). An endocrinologist I followed last year during my elective treated men with what I'd consider normal levels of testosterone with TRT. It was because he'd look at previous blood tests and see what range their body is used to. Different people are used to different levels. So although your test may be normal, this might be low for you.

Anxiety and depression is also a possible cause. You might not think it but it can reproduce very similar symptoms to those mentioned. I thought I had low testosterone but it came back normal, I was just experiencing a period stress.

E2 as mentioned could be the issue altough unlikely if youre not on anything? What meds are you on?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DR.DEATH

• LesDoctor
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
24 May 2020 16:24 #222340 by LesDoctor

prohunt wrote: DrDeath

What is AST and ALT please. New to the bloodwork thing.

3 months ago mine was
AST 41
ALT 86 which they marked as high

Other things that was High or low

MDRD GFR 73 (90 - 120ml) so it’s Low
S-GGT 107 (<55)
S-ALT 86 (<50)
S-Ferritin 9.00 (25 - 280)
RDW 21.10 (10 - 19%) red blood cells

Everything else seemed in range

ALT and AST are enzymes produce by the cells of your liver. Under stress these levels will be elevated. GGT and ALP are also liver enzymes but are generally elevated in causes of external obstruction of hepatic ducts.

ALT and AST are important indicators of liver damage. Typically raised when using oral steroids.
Your AST/ALT ratio is also important as it gives a clue to the cause in certain situations.

Your GFR is the only marker that concerns me.
ALT and AST rise transiently at the beginning of most cycles(or if you take hepatically metabolised medications). But they tend to resolve. Constant elevations of these enzymes are the concern.

• prohunt
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
24 May 2020 16:25 #222341 by prohunt
Les Doc

Only meds I take is a prescription for heartburn as well as depression and anxiety meds which I been on for 4 years now. But these I only now take like 3 times a week. That’s all the meds

My bloodwork results were done before I geared up

• 00pump
More
24 May 2020 16:29 #222342 by 00pump
Replied by 00pump on topic Bloodwork Results

DR.DEATH wrote: Hi All,

Thanks

Whats your age? What did you cycle and for how long? Do you have bloods prior to running a cycle?

Liver is a bit high, going to probably need to supplement NAC for a few months. Always do a second test on liver as many things can throw those markers up. Test homocysteine next time too and uric acid.

No need to test LH and FSH. What PCT did you do and for how long ? This looks to me like your PCT was not long enough.

Your ferritin can come down, try get it to 150, two donations should do the trick.

Glucose looks good, but you can bring that down to 4 if you eating well and training hard.

Creatinine is quite hard to guage on its own.

The rest looks great.

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford

• LesDoctor
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
24 May 2020 16:31 #222343 by LesDoctor

prohunt wrote: Les Doc

Only meds I take is a prescription for heartburn as well as depression and anxiety meds which I been on for 4 years now. But these I only now take like 3 times a week. That’s all the meds

I wouldn't be concerned with the liver enzymes. Mild elevation is 2 to 3 times the normal range and yours are not even close to that.

I think you should read through some previous threads about correcting your GFR. I think 00pump knows a lot about such topics. I am only due to do nephrology in 5 months time (my knowledge is rusty to say the least).

How is your BP generally. You might want to consider taking an anti-hypertensive on cycle to prevent target organ damage to the kidneys if it does become elevate.

Also check your blood glucose. diabetes is well known to causes nephropathy

• 00pump
More
24 May 2020 16:32 #222344 by 00pump

What depression meds do you take 3 times a week bar anxiety meds like benzos or if you microdosing on a mon wed fri. Also please be careful not to hijack this thread.

• prohunt
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
24 May 2020 16:36 #222345 by prohunt
Sorry Dr.Death, did not mean to turn this into my thread.

I will be doing bloodwork again this week and will post a new thread.

Keep well all
The following user(s) said Thank You: LesDoctor

• 00pump
More
24 May 2020 16:40 - 24 May 2020 16:42 #222346 by 00pump

LesDoctor wrote:

I wouldn't be concerned with the liver enzymes. Mild elevation is 2 to 3 times the normal range and yours are not even close to that.

I think you should read through some previous threads about correcting your GFR. I think 00pump knows a lot about such topics. I am only due to do nephrology in 5 months time (my knowledge is rusty to say the least).

How is your BP generally. You might want to consider taking an anti-hypertensive on cycle to prevent target organ damage to the kidneys if it does become elevate.

Also check your blood glucose. diabetes is well known to causes nephropathy

You spot on, I think that's one of the things most people don't do. Run a blood pressure pill on cycle.. Don't even allow for mild elevation.

The biggest trick which you know for the kidneys as you have just said it, get your BP down before permenant damage is caused. Once the BP is down for a couple months, the kidneys get big smiles. My cardiologist is pushing for normal to be just under 120.. It was always said 120 to 130 over 80, he now wants it slightly lower. So us running cycles for maybe 6 months of a year and pushing our self up to 140 to 150+ is placing strain that we certainly do not want to be doing.

I have seen that left ventricle of mine and my whole heart as a whole to be honest, it used to struggle to move, and now its beating with such ease. So recovery is possible, you just can't leave it to long.

Last edit: 24 May 2020 16:42 by 00pump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prohunt, Hoosain, LesDoctor, Jacktuary

• DR.DEATH
  • Topic Author
More
24 May 2020 16:48 - 24 May 2020 16:49 #222347 by DR.DEATH
Thanks Pump and Les.

Last cycle: ended 13 weeks ago, 450mg test e for 12 weeks. PCT was 20mg Nolva for 4 weeks and 20mg Aromasin e3d. Clomid cripples me so I try to avoid it.

I don't take any meds, also don't drink/smoke etc. As for a baseline test level, the only reference I can find is from 10 years ago and my current level is about 10% less than what it was 10 years ago. I'll take an objective approach to what was mentioned by Les about anxiety and depression as I can see the validity of this being a possibility too.

I'd like to jump on my next cycle of 450mg test e again but not until I can get to the bottom of whats making me feel so shit.
Last edit: 24 May 2020 16:49 by DR.DEATH.

• 00pump
More
24 May 2020 17:04 #222348 by 00pump

DR.DEATH wrote: Thanks Pump and Les.

Last cycle: ended 13 weeks ago, 450mg test e for 12 weeks. PCT was 20mg Nolva for 4 weeks and 20mg Aromasin e3d. Clomid cripples me so I try to avoid it.

I don't take any meds, also don't drink/smoke etc. As for a baseline test level, the only reference I can find is from 10 years ago and my current level is about 10% less than what it was 10 years ago. I'll take an objective approach to what was mentioned by Les about anxiety and depression as I can see the validity of this being a possibility too.

I'd like to jump on my next cycle of 450mg test e again but not until I can get to the bottom of whats making me feel so shit.

If I see all the updates from my psychiatrist as to what effect this lockdown has on mental health has on one. I'm not sure on your personal life so I can't assume, I can tell you that stress and anxiety is a killer.

The following user(s) said Thank You: prohunt, DR.DEATH, LesDoctor, Jacktuary