• MCJ
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
02 Jun 2020 19:34 #222495 by MCJ
HIP CLICK was created by MCJ
Hi guys

I've been unable to squat for about 3 or 4 weeks now due to my left hip clicking. Quite uncomfortable and little painful. So I've been trying to train around it but squats are quite an important exercise is most routines.

Any ideas on how I can address this hip click or is seeing a physio the only way?

Size Matters

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Empire
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
03 Jun 2020 07:08 #222496 by Empire
Replied by Empire on topic HIP CLICK
Chiro is a better option as you may have put your hip alignment out and it may be a case of 1 leg is shorter than the other at the moment. so get that pulled right will be a good idea. Do some mobility routines, stretch your glutes, hamstrings and quads and that might pull some pressure off the hip.

• Muscleaddict
More
03 Jun 2020 14:29 #222498 by Muscleaddict
Replied by Muscleaddict on topic HIP CLICK
I had the hip clicking a few times. It could be what DJ mentioned where your thigh bone has pulled away from the joint - that would cause pain in the joint area. If you don't get it realigned it can lead to lower back injury. Or it could be just be from tight hip flexor/s causing the clicking. You might not be getting enough recovery time between squat sessions, or you might have a slight strength imbalance. Overtraining quickly exposes muscle imbalances between the right and left side or anterior and posterior chain. Squatting with an imbalance will tighten your hip flexor that is working harder which can cause the clicking when the muscle slides over the bone. Rest.

Do dynamic stretching to open up the glutes and hips before you squat as well as hip mobility exercises.

Check out AthleanX on Youtube for hip mobility and rehab exercises - brilliant physio who covers exercises for pretty much all lifting related injuries.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MCJ, Aconotine

• LesDoctor
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
15 Jun 2020 09:14 #222598 by LesDoctor
Replied by LesDoctor on topic HIP CLICK

MCJ wrote: Hi guys

I've been unable to squat for about 3 or 4 weeks now due to my left hip clicking. Quite uncomfortable and little painful. So I've been trying to train around it but squats are quite an important exercise is most routines.

Any ideas on how I can address this hip click or is seeing a physio the only way?

Sorry for the late response, where exactly is the pain in the hip? Front, back or Side? If you move you leg now in which direction does it hurt? I'll use my limited orthopedic knowledge to try help, haha