Login Form

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sublingual 17-α alkylated steroids

Sublingual 17-α alkylated steroids 30 Jul 2020 15:27 #223141

  • MPhilosopher
  • MPhilosopher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 105
  • Thank you received: 23
  • Karma: 0
Theoretically sublingual administration could bypass the first hepatic pass and prevent the elevation of ALT and AST enzymes.

Does anyone have any anecdotes with respect to this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sublingual 17-α alkylated steroids 30 Jul 2020 15:49 #223144

  • LesDoctor
  • LesDoctor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 98
  • Thank you received: 60
  • Karma: 9
"A steroid with this alteration is commonly described
as a C-17 alpha alkylated oral, although the terms of methylated or ethylated
oral steroid are also used. The alkyl group cannot be removed metabolically[i.e though the liver],
and therefore inhibits reduction of the steroid to its inactive 17-ketosteroid
form by occupying one of the necessary carbon bonds. Before long,
pharmaceutical companies had utilized this advance (and others) to
manufacture an array of effective oral steroids including methyltestosterone,
Dianabol, Winstrol®, Anadrol 50®, Halotestin®, Nilevar, Orabolin, and
Anavar. The principle drawback to these compounds is that they place a
notable amount of stress on the liver, which in some instances can lead to
actual damage to this organ."

This would suggest that even if you were to inject it intravenously (essentially what sublingual administration is try to accomplish), it would still pass through the liver in it's C-17 alpha alkylated state and thus still cause strain. But I could be wrong.

As I think more and more about this however, you do skip portal circulation via using it this route which mean that it would pass the liver immediately however it still enters the circulation which in itself could still have effects. My pharmocokinetic knowledge is lacking a bit, lol.
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2020 16:01 by LesDoctor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MPhilosopher

Sublingual 17-α alkylated steroids 30 Jul 2020 16:06 #223145

  • MPhilosopher
  • MPhilosopher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 105
  • Thank you received: 23
  • Karma: 0
LesDoctor wrote:
"A steroid with this alteration is commonly described
as a C-17 alpha alkylated oral, although the terms of methylated or ethylated
oral steroid are also used. The alkyl group cannot be removed metabolically[i.e though the liver],
and therefore inhibits reduction of the steroid to its inactive 17-ketosteroid
form by occupying one of the necessary carbon bonds. Before long,
pharmaceutical companies had utilized this advance (and others) to
manufacture an array of effective oral steroids including methyltestosterone,
Dianabol, Winstrol®, Anadrol 50®, Halotestin®, Nilevar, Orabolin, and
Anavar. The principle drawback to these compounds is that they place a
notable amount of stress on the liver, which in some instances can lead to
actual damage to this organ."

This would suggest that even if you were to inject it intravenously (essentially what sublingual administration is try to accomplish), it would still pass through the liver in it's C-17 alpha alkylated state and thus still cause strain. But I could be wrong.

I have seen the recommendation floating around. The idea would be for the sublingual administration to not undergo first-pass metabolism in the liver.

Should this be the case (that it won't bypass first hepatic pass), would injectable winstrol be as harsh as oral?

EDIT: lol just saw your addition. Yeah it would likely be rapidly absorbed. I would be happy to be the lab rat but unfortunately I do not have much reference to go off.
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2020 16:09 by MPhilosopher.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LesDoctor

Sublingual 17-α alkylated steroids 30 Jul 2020 16:13 #223146

  • LesDoctor
  • LesDoctor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 98
  • Thank you received: 60
  • Karma: 9
What I can offer is that injectable Winstrol is still hepatotoxic. It's reported in research as well as I have seen it anecdotally on friends' blood tests.

But I'd be curious for you to try.

Aother Edit, sorry. In theory it should be accomplished sublingually? Just crush it into a powder to increase surface area and it should work since it's lipid soluble?
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2020 16:16 by LesDoctor.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sublingual 17-α alkylated steroids 30 Jul 2020 16:38 #223147

  • MPhilosopher
  • MPhilosopher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 105
  • Thank you received: 23
  • Karma: 0
LesDoctor wrote:
What I can offer is that injectable Winstrol is still hepatotoxic. It's reported in research as well as I have seen it anecdotally on friends' blood tests.

But I'd be curious for you to try.

Aother Edit, sorry. In theory it should be accomplished sublingually? Just crush it into a powder to increase surface area and it should work since it's lipid soluble?

Yep, or with LP it comes with a filler (capsule), I would assume sublingual would still work and just wash down residual with water.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sublingual 17-α alkylated steroids 30 Jul 2020 16:50 #223148

  • LesDoctor
  • LesDoctor's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 98
  • Thank you received: 60
  • Karma: 9
MPhilosopher wrote:
LesDoctor wrote:
What I can offer is that injectable Winstrol is still hepatotoxic. It's reported in research as well as I have seen it anecdotally on friends' blood tests.

But I'd be curious for you to try.

Aother Edit, sorry. In theory it should be accomplished sublingually? Just crush it into a powder to increase surface area and it should work since it's lipid soluble?

Yep, or with LP it comes with a filler (capsule), I would assume sublingual would still work and just wash down residual with water.

Do you have LFTs from a cycle where you didn't take them sublingually just for comparison's sake?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oupa

Sublingual 17-α alkylated steroids 30 Jul 2020 17:32 #223155

  • MPhilosopher
  • MPhilosopher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Posts: 105
  • Thank you received: 23
  • Karma: 0
LesDoctor wrote:
MPhilosopher wrote:
LesDoctor wrote:
What I can offer is that injectable Winstrol is still hepatotoxic. It's reported in research as well as I have seen it anecdotally on friends' blood tests.

But I'd be curious for you to try.

Aother Edit, sorry. In theory it should be accomplished sublingually? Just crush it into a powder to increase surface area and it should work since it's lipid soluble?

Yep, or with LP it comes with a filler (capsule), I would assume sublingual would still work and just wash down residual with water.

Do you have LFTs from a cycle where you didn't take them sublingually just for comparison's sake?

No, I am simply balls deep into the research. Starting my first cycle soon so it really is not a useful anecdote for other members past an interesting consideration.

Would be cool if someone that has notoriously high liver values when using orals gives this a go.
The administrator has disabled public write access.