Planning PCT

• MPhilosopher
  • Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
27 Feb 2020 13:54 #221304 by MPhilosopher
Planning PCT was created by MPhilosopher
Currently, I have decided what AAS I will run.
I will start with test cypionate 300mg.
Add in about 30-40mg anavar and switch to winstrol the last few weeks of cycle.

For PCT, can estrogen spike? I have read that mechanism is possible and many have reported gyno during pct phase. Although a PCT is not necessary, I plan on running one with minimal drugs.

I plan on keeping E2 in check with an AI. I prefer to not use a SERM and rather an AI as to allow maximal free test as opposed to letting testosterone aromatize. Of course I am consdiering using HCG after 1-2 weeks of the cycle.

Could anyone advise me on keeping E2 in check once the cycle has ended. Should I stop all ancillaries and anabolics for 1-2 weeks(depending on the estimated half life) before introducing any PCT drugs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Oupa
More
27 Feb 2020 14:43 #221306 by Oupa
Replied by Oupa on topic Planning PCT
Length of your cycle?

• MPhilosopher
  • Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
27 Feb 2020 16:11 #221309 by MPhilosopher
Replied by MPhilosopher on topic Planning PCT
10 weeks. Won't be too taxing on the pituitary, should recover fine without a PCT. I am concerned about controlling E2, and open to giving my balls a kickstart with HCG maybe 3x a week 500IU. What do you think?

• Oupa
More
27 Feb 2020 16:24 #221310 by Oupa
You will not recover fine without a PCT, your using DHT twice. Whats your stats?

• MPhilosopher
  • Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
27 Feb 2020 17:18 #221311 by MPhilosopher
Will be 75kg 13% when I start the cycle at 5'6

• Oupa
More
27 Feb 2020 23:09 #221315 by Oupa
Age?

• MPhilosopher
  • Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
27 Feb 2020 23:19 #221316 by MPhilosopher

Proposed PCT (starting 1 week after last injection?):

500 IU HCG eod for a week
Nolvadex 3 weeks 20mg

If this seems reasonable where does an AI fit in? The week between last injection and PCT as well as while taking HCG and then stop when nolva starts?

• MPhilosopher
  • Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
29 Feb 2020 12:39 #221341 by MPhilosopher
If anyone is interested in this topic. Strictly from a medical point of view what I have found is compounds like clomid etc are not essential for a PCT. Compounds like HCG and anastrozole seem to be very effective and less risk of sides.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 00pump

• Hoosain
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
01 Mar 2020 17:06 #221350 by Hoosain
Replied by Hoosain on topic Planning PCT
My personal opinion, don’t try to change the wheel. Tried and tested many times and PCT has been shown to be needed.

Just from what I understand. Regardless of your dosage, 10 weeks time your body will shutdown due to the exogenous test. Yes you can recover without PCT, but it will take you a lot longer. I don’t know why you would want to subject yourself to a low test state for that long. Not only will you feel shut for a longer period, but during that low test phase of “natural recovery “ you will lose everything you’ve gained on the cycle and possibly even more.

Doing it that way basically cancels out that low dose cycle and you’re probably better of not doing a cycle at all. Without the PCT you’re basically wasting your own time.

• Oupa
More
01 Mar 2020 20:30 #221352 by Oupa

MPhilosopher wrote: If anyone is interested in this topic. Strictly from a medical point of view what I have found is compounds like clomid etc are not essential for a PCT. Compounds like HCG and anastrozole seem to be very effective and less risk of sides.

Please explain in detail your findings.

• MPhilosopher
  • Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
01 Mar 2020 21:27 - 01 Mar 2020 21:33 #221355 by MPhilosopher
I don't mean to criticize I just like asking questions to methods that maybe there is not a lot of research.

To maybe go into some more detail about what I said:

Compounds like HCG and anastrozole seem to work nicely - HCG to help the testicles come back online and allow pituitary to start sending signals with a smaller window of low T, and anastrozole to combat E2.
The benefit of anastrozole over other AIs and suicide AIs or SERMS, is at the direct mechanism of action. It is a lot more efficacious to prevent the conversion of T to E2, rather than allow the conversion and then block it at the receptor (à la SERM). I mean medically speaking a PCT is not essential and tbh I do not care what anyone says, the quickest way would be with no PCT and force the pituitary to send those signals. Now, maybe a PCT is beneficial to ease that process... gains being kept vs not.... I would like to see some data on that, and I am open to learning more. But overall, I do not understand why people recommend exemastane or other AIs over anastrozole - I do not think the logic of "it worked for me so it is the best method" is good enough reason. It is probably individual, but anastrozole is easiest to dose and has less reported sides and is generally a very safe compound for majority of people. I have never experienced steroids etc so again, not being the voice of reason or a cocky c*nt. Just like bringing a more agnostic view to such topics. I really do question some recommendations, as I would prefer an argument not based on experience. (Not that people's experience isn't valuable, I think there has to be a better argument holistically)

Let me know what you think

EDIT: Maybe compounds like tamoxifen could be beneficial for very heavy cycles... Again, nothing set in stone but for smaller/reasonable cycles I can't see an argument for HCG/arimidex not being enough.
Last edit: 01 Mar 2020 21:33 by MPhilosopher.

• 00pump
More
02 Mar 2020 06:41 - 02 Mar 2020 11:24 #221356 by 00pump
Replied by 00pump on topic Planning PCT
No PCT, the data shows recovery at a year.. A SERM is beneficial and speeds up that time. Using Arimidex is an option, but again no need to reinvent the wheel. You not forcing anything but not using PCT.. It's like drinking and you dehydrated and you telling your body to get better on it's own, but things would speed up if you just had some water.

"Whether You Think You Can or Can't, You're Right"--Henry Ford
Last edit: 02 Mar 2020 11:24 by 00pump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oom G, SamZ4000

• MPhilosopher
  • Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
02 Mar 2020 08:14 #221357 by MPhilosopher
Fair enough. With the wheel analogy the only argument I have is that what is established is not "the wheel", it is a lot of broscience and anecdotal evidence.

• Hoosain
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
02 Mar 2020 12:04 #221362 by Hoosain
Replied by Hoosain on topic Planning PCT
Just looks like you made up your mind already. So when you do run your cycle and decide to not do PCT, don’t come running here asking for help when you feel like crap 10 weeks after your last shot, just do a PCT as that’s what will be recommended to you. Then another 6 weeks later please do start a thread with your experience vs your current opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SamZ4000

• MPhilosopher
  • Topic Author
  • Expert
  • Expert
More
02 Mar 2020 12:30 #221364 by MPhilosopher
I never said I was against PCT. I am not really a fan of the ideology "either I am wrong or I am right". I am merely encouraging some scientific conversation. "Just looks like you made up your mind already"... alright but no that isn't accurate.

It is good to always be a skeptic and that includes questioning your own methods in life. This is a huge disconnect in the fitness world. If you would like, rather share solid data on why what you say is true.

I questioned a method and you seem defensive. Why not question yourself and help reinforce or improve current methodology.