Login Form

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What You should know If you want to get jacked.

What You should know If you want to get jacked. 06 Jul 2020 13:14 #222837

• Colt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Empire wrote:
Ok so I thought I would get a topic going that gives people some hard truths about using gear, getting jacked and being big and muscle-bound.

1.) This is a marathon, not a sprint race.

Every jacked guy out there will have pretty much 1 thing in common, they have been at this for a long time. Yes you get the genetically elite that after 3 years they have blown up and put on 40kgs of muscle, but chances are, that isn't you. Most elite-level bodybuilders have been athletes or training for a very long time. EG Ronnie Coleman was into football and powerlifting before bodybuilding. Lee Priest had been training from i think it was 13 before he won an overall show as a junior at the age of 16. Common factor? They have been at it for al long time.

3.) Train hard.

Most people train like pussys. I have seen it a 1000x where someone out the weight down at rep 8 but could have done 20 reps. that isn't training hard. I usually suggest doing only 1 set to all-out failure, but it doesn't mean that the other sets have to be far from failure. I am talking stopping 1 rep short of failure eg you hit that squat for 10 reps, and you know that you aren't gonna get up if you attempt 11 reps, that is where you need to be. Then take that last set to where you would get up, and get your partner to spot you. but only do 1 set to that point.

5.) Not having a plan is planning to fail.

been going into the gym and just doing random routines for each day and are not making much progress? Your lack of planning is setting you up for shitty results. if you stick to a set routine, push yourself and monitor the progress you are going to blow up faster than you ever had.

7.) EAT.
food is the most anabolic substance in the world. Without it, you are wasting your time. work your macronutrients out, stick to it consistently and do that for 10 years. You will grow.

8.) SLEEP REST AND RECOVERY.

If you aren't sleeping you won't recover, and that means lack of growth. sleep 8 hours a day, allow the body to recover and you will make progress. remember muscle growth is a result of continual muscle damage that has repaired over time. if you are training 7 days a week, and are constantly sore and only sleeping 5 hours a day, you will make terrible gains. If you cut back to 4 to 5 days a week, and slept 6 hours a day for those training days and slept 8 to 9 hours a day on the non-training days you will make better gains.

11.) Don't neglect the 3 F's. Family, friends, and food.

Unless you are 2 or 3 weeks out from a show, then don't neglect the people around you. if you get invited to grandma's house for lunch, don't be a cunt and not eat her mash potatoes or eat out of a Tupperware. 1 meal ain't is going to probably aid you, not hinder you.

Feel free to add your bits and pieces, But I thought this would be a fun topic.

This is a great article.

I am not a pro like you guys. I started doing weights when I was 16, the main reason for it, I was teased a lot for being so skinny. The awkward looking kid. So my jouney began.

I also want to mention, I never used any steroids, I did natural bodybuilding (and many other sports).

I weighed 64kg when I went to the army at 17. I still weighted 64kg when I came back from the border.

At the time, I was very fit, but still skinny. From all of my sports, Karate probably made me the fittest.

Anyway, it took me 10 years of natural bodybuilding, taking vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, protein powders, creatine, BCAA, GABA, etc etc., to gain 10kg of muscle. I went from 64kg to 74kg.

It took me another 10 years to reach 84kg.

I was a huge Arnold fan. Bought every Muscle and Fitness I could. I followed them for years, read the articles, followed their programs. It feels like so long ago, I have already forgotten some names.

I stuck to training 6 times a week, splitting my routine into 3, twice a week, (1) front, (2) back, (3) legs. And repeat.

Unfortunately I stopped training in 2009. But my journey was a natural one, so my knowledge of steroids is not experience, it is reading what you guys do and say.

Ok, I deleted the rest. "Rather act the fool, than open your mouth and confirm it" (I am scared of that, being surrounded by pros here.

But this is a great article. I hope to learn more.

Being on TRT for so long, and not making real progress, I want to give myself a chance now.

Yes, I will make mistakes. But I am trying. I hope to not ask question too dumb here.

I miss those days. Would love to get back there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What You should know If you want to get jacked. 06 Jul 2020 13:15 #222838

• Colt
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Sorry, I removed some of your paragraphs, trying to hightlight the ones that were a big part of my own journey.

Great article.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: