Login Form

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Inbody Scan Accuracy

Inbody Scan Accuracy 02 Feb 2021 22:52 #224525

• Kevin.Kleyn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I can't find much about this on the forum, apart from two gentlemen mentioning it in their posts.

How accurate is the Inbody Scan actually? Are there people who live by it and how does it compare to the good old calipers?

The reason behind my question is that I have used the Inbody Scan before but I don't know if the information that it is giving me is correct.

I don't have any reason as to why I am doubting the information, I just want more clarity.

Ideally I would like to get BF% measured using calipers but shouldn't I have to hire a personal trainer to do that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Inbody Scan Accuracy 03 Feb 2021 07:26 #224526

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2491
I don't know anything about the accuracy of the Inbody Scan contraptions, but you can buy BF callipers from most stores that sell gym equipment. They come with usage instructions. Trick is to take the measurement the exact same way each time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin.Kleyn

Inbody Scan Accuracy 03 Feb 2021 09:42 #224529

• slaz007
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 13
Hi

Personally I don't think they accurate.

I had measurements done with calipers on a monthly basis by the same person and the caliper results are always 1,5-2,5% higher than the in body assessment.

For me callipers say 10,5% and In body says 8,5%. In December in body was 7,9%.

I don't look 7,9%, so the 10,5% of the callipers in my opinion based on how I look is more accurate.

I suppose you can use it as a guide.

Kevin.Kleyn wrote:
I can't find much about this on the forum, apart from two gentlemen mentioning it in their posts.

How accurate is the Inbody Scan actually? Are there people who live by it and how does it compare to the good old calipers?

The reason behind my question is that I have used the Inbody Scan before but I don't know if the information that it is giving me is correct.

I don't have any reason as to why I am doubting the information, I just want more clarity.

Ideally I would like to get BF% measured using calipers but shouldn't I have to hire a personal trainer to do that?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kevin.Kleyn

Inbody Scan Accuracy 03 Feb 2021 10:24 #224530

• Muscleaddict
  • Thank you received: 3099
Calipers give the most accurate results if you do it correctly. The DEXA 'in body' scan can be ±3-4 percent off which is a lot when you are very lean. Like Ronnie Coleman said, his dexa scan said he had 0.3% fat which is physically impossible. At Ronnie's best on stage he was between 3 and 4 percent body fat.

Inbody Scan Accuracy 12 Feb 2021 06:30 #224629

• Morrgear
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 99
For me these electrical impedance bf % measures are a waste of time. Results are all over the show. I have been in show condition . @3% bf and test the inbody says 20%. I have the same nonsense from my Garmin scale. I currently have approx 10% bf ( very visible and, striations on most of my body, very vascular and my Garmin says I am 30%

Inbody Scan Accuracy 12 Feb 2021 07:12 #224630

• Kevin.Kleyn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Morrgear wrote:
For me these electrical impedance bf % measures are a waste of time. Results are all over the show. I have been in show condition . @3% bf and test the inbody says 20%. I have the same nonsense from my Garmin scale. I currently have approx 10% bf ( very visible and, striations on most of my body, very vascular and my Garmin says I am 30%

Thanks for that Morrgear!

I'm also gatvol of my bathroom scale. A couple of weeks ago it told me I was 19% and then a couple of weeks after that, I was all of a sudden 30%. Since then I haven't weighed myself, until this morning, I thought I'll give it a go again and unsurprisingly...36%.

I actually made up my mind this morning and I am going to approach a PT and ask to get BF measured via caliper so that I know exactly where I stand.

These scales and scans just breaks down your motivation when they give you these kak readings lol!