Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DIM for E2 regulation on TRT??

DIM for E2 regulation on TRT?? 27 Mar 2021 10:47 #224955

• Hasan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi there

I'm new to the forums, so I would like to briefly introduce myself. My name is Hasan and I'm 31 years old. I've been lifting for about 15 years total of which about 7 have been serious and consistent. Around 2014 life started getting in the way and I've been lifting and exercising on-and-off since then.

During the last year I've been starting to feel symptoms of low testosterone (loss of motivation, general feeling of fatigue, "brain fog",low sex-drive,mild depression, diminishing testicular size, etc).

I can't put my finger on it with certainty yet, because I haven't had any bloods done, but am planning to do so before I use anything exogenous. If I determine that my situation can be improved naturally, I'll definitely opt for that route until it stops working and only then consider going the TRT route.

That being said, I tend to over-think things, so I've already "designed" a potential TRT-protocol for myself, should things go that way. I'm not interested in blasting upwards of 250mgs of test per week, all I want to achieve is a total- and free T in the high normal range. My "imaginary" protocol would start with 140mg of test cyp per week, broken up into daily subcutaneous injections of 20mg.

One of the issues I've factored into my planning is the potential of gyno development. I already have existing prepubescent gyno that was worsened by an idiotic D-Bol only cycle done as a dumb teen, and since then has worsened slightly due to lifestyle factors and genetic presdisposition I'm guessing.

For this reason I'm very nervous about aromatization on trt and potentially worsening my existing gyno. I'm also apprehensive about running an AI, because I don't want to potentially crash my E2 and ruin my cholesterol and feel even worse than I do now. Therefore, to get to my question, what do you guys think of DIM (Diindolylmethane) as a means of regulating estrogen while on TRT?

Sorry for the long winded post.

Peace
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DIM for E2 regulation on TRT?? 27 Mar 2021 14:34 #224956

• MPhilosopher
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 71
Hasan wrote:
Hi there

I'm new to the forums, so I would like to briefly introduce myself. My name is Hasan and I'm 31 years old. I've been lifting for about 15 years total of which about 7 have been serious and consistent. Around 2014 life started getting in the way and I've been lifting and exercising on-and-off since then.

During the last year I've been starting to feel symptoms of low testosterone (loss of motivation, general feeling of fatigue, "brain fog",low sex-drive,mild depression, diminishing testicular size, etc).

I can't put my finger on it with certainty yet, because I haven't had any bloods done, but am planning to do so before I use anything exogenous. If I determine that my situation can be improved naturally, I'll definitely opt for that route until it stops working and only then consider going the TRT route.

That being said, I tend to over-think things, so I've already "designed" a potential TRT-protocol for myself, should things go that way. I'm not interested in blasting upwards of 250mgs of test per week, all I want to achieve is a total- and free T in the high normal range. My "imaginary" protocol would start with 140mg of test cyp per week, broken up into daily subcutaneous injections of 20mg.

One of the issues I've factored into my planning is the potential of gyno development. I already have existing prepubescent gyno that was worsened by an idiotic D-Bol only cycle done as a dumb teen, and since then has worsened slightly due to lifestyle factors and genetic presdisposition I'm guessing.

For this reason I'm very nervous about aromatization on trt and potentially worsening my existing gyno. I'm also apprehensive about running an AI, because I don't want to potentially crash my E2 and ruin my cholesterol and feel even worse than I do now. Therefore, to get to my question, what do you guys think of DIM (Diindolylmethane) as a means of regulating estrogen while on TRT?

Sorry for the long winded post.

Peace

Ok so assuming you do go the TRT route, an AI is absolutely fine to use should you need it.
You will not crash your estrogen from any dose of an AI, and if you do you can back off the dose.

It will take some tinkering - at 140mg most won't need an AI, but if you do, it is an option for you (namely Anastrozole).

You will need to have bloods done and decide from there. An option could probably be a clomiphene protocol should you not respond to lifestyle/dietary changes. (and all this is assuming you are low T... and not primary hypogonadal)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oupa

DIM for E2 regulation on TRT?? 28 Mar 2021 08:55 #224962

• Rooi Bul 86
  • Expert
  • Faith, Weights and Protein Shakes...
  • Thank you received: 1156
I would use the low dose Aromasin 5mg that Liquid Pharmaceuticals have launched recently specifically for this. Either 5mg Everyother day or 5mg Everyday. You can not go by feel on TRT you wil have to do regular blood tests to test various markers of health and you Testosterone and SHBG and E2 and Hemocrit levels.If you do TRT without a Doctor or Endo you are going to fuck up sooner or later I learned this the hard way.
It is on you. It always has been...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oupa