Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Guggul for acne!

Guggul for acne! 09 Jun 2018 15:41 #216240

• PsyCLown
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 265
Hey all,

So I have been meaning to post this here to hopefully help out a few members. I posted a TL;DR at the bottom if this is too much for you to read.
I get acne when I am on cycle and it has always been something I have had to just deal with, at times it gets really bad and it's extremely frustrating and even painful.

Topical creams are a waste, prescription anti-biotics aren't great either. they're expensive and have rebound effects. I tried accutane and 2 weeks in decided to stop taking it due to the possible, permanent side effects not be worth the risk for me (it is seriously bad stuff, make sure you do proper research before even considering it).

I found a product called "MAPP" which is sold at various pharmacies, costs between R300 and R400 per box.
The first box lasts 10 days, thereafter a box lasts 30 days.
Upon further research the active ingredient is Guggul, which can be found for cheaper being sold by other brands. I got some Guggul being sold by Himalaya and it works just as well, despite the colour and taste of the powder being quite different between the two products.

A bit about Guggul here:
www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-591/guggul

It is not a miracle cure, it has not taken away my acne completely. I now mainly just have a red bumps and the occasional "pimple" here and there. No more / far fewer scars.

Guggul's main use seems to be for cholestrol control, which is always welcome. Anabolics are known to often be hard on ones cholestrol, so this is a plus for sure! It has a few other uses / possible benefits as well if you research a bit more into it.

What I'd recommend, which is similar to what MAPP recommended, is for the first 10 days take 3 to 4 capsules per day (750mg to 1000mg a day) and then drop down to a maintenance dose of 2 capsules (500mg) a day.
Once you stop taking it, the acne does come back unfortunately. It takes about a month to really start noticing some changes as you need to wait for the current acne to reduce.

So hopefully this will help others out as well. So far this has been the best treatment I have found for my acne. I met someone who had also tried MAPP, however it did not work for him. So this might not work for everyone.

TL;DR: I have been using Guggul to help with my acne. The first 10 days take 3 to 4 capsules a day (750mg to 1000mg a day) and then drop down to a maintenance dose of 2 capsules (500mg) a day. This is what has worked well for me.
For some Abs are made with lighting & angles... For others they are made in the kitchen.
Last Edit: 09 Jun 2018 15:58 by PsyCLown. Reason: Tried to shorten it
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin, 00pump, RCKSTAR, Rooi Bul 86, Gym_Junkie

Guggul for acne! 22 Aug 2018 13:35 #217206

• RCKSTAR
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Did you start with this treatment while on cycle or subsequent?

Guggul for acne! 22 Aug 2018 20:36 #217214

• PsyCLown
  • Senior Boarder
RCKSTAR wrote:
Did you start with this treatment while on cycle or subsequent?

I started while on cycle.

If one suffers from acne, I would recommend you start around a 2 - 4 weeks before starting your cycle. Otherwise if you are already on cycle, start straight away.

If anyone does try it, please post your results and feedback. I am not expert with Guggul and would be interesting to see how well it works for others and what you have tried etc.
For some Abs are made with lighting & angles... For others they are made in the kitchen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RCKSTAR

Guggul for acne! 23 Aug 2018 13:23 #217226

• RCKSTAR
  • Fresh Boarder
Did you try Tetralysal? I've had great results with acne treatment using this.

Guggul for acne! 23 Aug 2018 18:05 #217228

• PsyCLown
  • Senior Boarder
RCKSTAR wrote:
Did you try Tetralysal? I've had great results with acne treatment using this.
I did, they're anti biotics.

Rather similar, I expected more from the antibiotics. I prefer Guggul though. It's cheaper, no script required, has additional positive benefits. From what I recall you were limited to a certain amount of time on the antibiotics and you weren't able to do certain things such as go into the sun (I might be getting it mixed up with the accutane though).

I tried the antibiotics quite a while ago. Waited a while and then tried the accutane (stopped not long after starting due to the possible permanent side effects, it's scary!) and then stumbled upon Guggul.

Guggul for acne! 28 Aug 2018 12:47 #217316

• RCKSTAR
  • Fresh Boarder
I was allowed a three month supply per the script. Thanks for the info on Guggal. I will also give it a shot before going on anti-biotics again.