Login Form

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Another noob question about fat burning

Another noob question about fat burning 18 Sep 2019 18:56 #220422

• DjangoUC
  • Fresh Boarder
Need some advice please. My stats are 1.95M, 132kg, 14.74% BF (caliper test). I stopped lifting for about 3months, but kept doing MMA training 3 times a week. Keen to get back into it. I really struggle to lose weight, this has been a problem since my playing days, the flipside is that i gain size really quickly as well.
Anyways, looking for the best option to get down to about 124kg.
I'm not really interested in anabolics at this stage, was thinking yohimbe and maybe clen? Any othet fat burners to be aware of?

Diet @ this stage:

Get up in the morning
Cup of black coffee
Get to work (farming)
At 4 in the afternoon i'll have 4 boiled eggs, a whey shake and some coffee.
Go workout at 6
Get home at 7h30 and will have whatever the wife cooks. Usually chicken and leafy greens (spinach etc)
Stop eating at 8 and fast till 16h00 the next day.

Weekends i cheat a bit and have some carbs etc.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last Edit: 18 Sep 2019 19:03 by DjangoUC.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Another noob question about fat burning 19 Sep 2019 08:46 #220426

• Hoosain
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 407
Hey buddy, although I'm not nearly as big as you are I have a similar body type and even did the same training. I struggled to burn fat and gain size easily (fat and muscle haha). What I noticed is that the mma and hiit helps a lot with the fat burn but most importantly eating habits. I can't comment on how different food groups affect your fat gain but just looking at carbs made me gain weight. I tried the fasting route as well which was actually not doing that we'll for my metabolism and I held onto fat. However I found eating in a calorie deficit and spacing my mealsinto six which I ate in regular intervals helped quite a bit. But very important to track calories. I dropped most of my fat before I did a cycle just be keeping the eating habits in place. When I needed to lose more fat I opted for my anavar cycle coupled with that eating habits and it was amazing.

So my advice is to try a different method from fasting as it doesn't always work for all of us
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hormonas

Another noob question about fat burning 19 Sep 2019 11:51 #220428

• Oupa
  • I offer you perspective because I have done it
  • Thank you received: 4085
You need to eat 5 meals a day or a least every 3 hours. Your diet is really shit.
Divulge all information pertaining what substances you are using, otherwise the information given can be detrimental to your health.

Re:Another noob question about fat burning 19 Sep 2019 21:33 #220432

• DjangoUC
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the tips guys. @oupa, i hear you, it's also propably not substainable. My problem is that i am really not hungry during the day, but i will give it a go and try and keep track of micros etc.

Re:Another noob question about fat burning 19 Sep 2019 21:34 #220433

• DjangoUC
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks hoosain. Appreciate the feedback man. I'll give it a go for 6 weeks and then see where i am at.

Another noob question about fat burning 19 Sep 2019 23:28 #220434

• lobo
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 185
Need to try get your metabolism firing, your current eating pattern of basically one meal a day is killing your metabolism!

Another noob question about fat burning 20 Sep 2019 08:37 #220435

• Hoosain
  • Expert
  • Thank you received: 407
Pleasure buddy. Dieting section was my best friend at the time I needed to burn fat. The first week is probably the worst but I had to just stick through it if I wanted to reach my goal. And boy was I happy when things went the way I expected.

Do the calculations and work out your caloric needs. Then play around with food groups to see how you react to them. Something specific that worked for me was increasing amount of good fats and cutting carbs. I never realised how much I needed them.

Also water. Drink plenty of water. I have seen people with good diets but not drinking enough water also hold onto fat despite their good diet. So remember it's not just one thing but a combination of everything.

Good luck buddy. Looking forward to hearing your results.

Re:Another noob question about fat burning 20 Sep 2019 08:49 #220436

• Oupa
  • I offer you perspective because I have done it
  • Thank you received: 4085
DjangoUC wrote:
@oupa, i hear you, it's also propably not substainable. My problem is that i am really not hungry during the day, but i will give it a go and try and keep track of micros etc.

You have to eat, its not about being hungry, small meals is all you need.
Divulge all information pertaining what substances you are using, otherwise the information given can be detrimental to your health.

Re:Another noob question about fat burning 20 Sep 2019 08:54 #220437

• DjangoUC
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks will do. So is there really no benefit to Intermittent fasting? Maybe a 16:8 split, and small meals every 3 hours during the fasting window?

Re:Another noob question about fat burning 20 Sep 2019 10:54 #220439

• Hormonas
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 411
DjangoUC wrote:
Thanks will do. So is there really no benefit to Intermittent fasting? Maybe a 16:8 split, and small meals every 3 hours during the fasting window?

Intermittent fasting isn't the problem, the fact that you're only eating small portions once or twice a day is the problem. If you are going to fast then during your eating window you need to eat the calories and macros that you need to in order to maintain a healthy metabolism and healthy caloric deficit. Also you really need to get some fats in your diet, your hormones are probably all over the show.

Essentially your body thinking "oh f*** I am starving and NEVER getting fed enough, slow down the metabolism and store fat, urgently!"

If I were you I would eat a lot of food for the next week, get your metabolism up and running again before going over to the diet section and getting your diet nailed down. As Oupa said, if you aren't hungry then the most important thing for the next few weeks is to eat small amounts the whole day so that your body thinks starvation is no longer a threat.
Last Edit: 20 Sep 2019 10:55 by Hormonas.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oupa